Hayden “leaning towards big bang”

Echoing the sentiments of Filippo Preziosi, the Ducati rider reviewed the two-day Official MotoGP Test at Valencia following its conclusion.

After two days of riding both the big bang and screamer versions of the Desmosedici GP11 at the 2010 post-season Official Test at Valencia, factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden gave his reaction to his last on-track action of the year.
The American completed a huge 91 laps on Wednesday setting his best time of 1’32.583 (which left him sixth overall) with the big bang engine. After weighing up the two he stated his preference for that version, which appeared to be the direction Ducati Corse General Director Filippo Preziosi also favoured pursuing.
“That's it – the season is finally over!” said Hayden on Wednesday evening. “Today was a positive day for us. We tried the screamer and it wasn't easy to switch between engines but it was important to do a proper test on them both and get the data we need to make an important decision. I am leaning towards sticking with the big bang but we will make the decision together.”
Hayden continued: “In general I am happy because we have been pretty quick. We know there is a lot of work to do but we are ready to get on with it. We tried a new Bridgestone tyre, which I liked a lot and actually I did my fastest time on it. I also went well on the race tyre we used on Sunday and we were just a couple of tenths off my best. We tested some other things that I liked but we need to test them more. I want to thank everybody in the team because they did a great job as always even though it wasn't easy, coming on the back of two races.”

No comments: